Monday, January 2, 2012

Daydream Believer

       The other day I had this action dream where I was one of those tough hard core spy chicks. Needless to say, I was thin in this dream. That does not mean that I will not kick your ass but I dream in thin. If I dream of myself in thin, then I obviously want to be.... right.

        The new WW commercial shows J Hud in both overweight and thin. It tells you to believe in yourself and you can do it. I know I can do it but can I do it. This year my journey has been a little unsteady and I gained weight. Not all of the weight back but enough to piss me off. In the weight loss journey rules, weight gain can be interpreted different ways. It can mean ..oh man I stink at this, pass me a Twinkie.  It can go.. obsessive compulsive exercise until I sprain something. It can go.. I'm trying really hard but I'm apprehensive and I gain more than I lose. It can also go... well I blew that so I'll just pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again ( I did that one a few times this year).
One day this will be my before picture

         But sometimes I wonder if I really believe in my ability to do it. But every bump in the road is a lesson that I learn. Also, I actually do know that I can do it because I do not weigh what I did when I started. So in a round about way I guess I believe.
         I am sorry for not blogging for a few weeks. I got sidetracked by the most wonderful time of the year. I gained the weight that I lost strength training and then lost it again and then gained .08lbs last week. But I have to say that I keep at it. In a previous meeting we were talking about moving to the tune of 14 activity points a week. To some, that may not sound like much but to me it sounds doable. I was on vacation for the last couple of weeks and I challenged myself to get out there and walk a couple of miles as often as possible ( Christmas shopping errands count). I found that most days of the week, this was an easy task.  The weather went up and down. On the cold days I remembered my favorite Bobism "there's no bad weather, only bad clothes". I threw on an extra shirt, hat and gloves and went outside. All in all, I walked a 5K or more five out of seven days a week.

          So what just happened there? I made a step out of my comfort zone of working out indoors during the winter and to a walk on the wild side( I couldn't resist) and clutch my pearls if it didn't feel great. I quite often brought my hubby along for the walk.
           This week the year starts a new and thousands of others will be making the pledge to lose weight. Although losing weight is my ultimate goal,  I think it's more important that I changed my life instead. Last year I ran my very first official 5K in April, sprained my ankle training for my second one and ran my first 4 Mile event in September . This year I predict more 5K's, more fitness goals and losing more weight. That almost sounds like I believe.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Your before picture is too cute! I love that it's a smiling pic. You ever notice how some people's "before" has them looking glum?

    2. If your belief in your ability to get to goal starts to wane, keep in mind that you've already done it! You've already lost weight which means you have the ability to keep doing it. This idea helps me get through the mentally rough times.

    See you on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete