Friday, September 16, 2011

Long Train Running

          So I made it to Day 4 of the "Four Magic Days" of eating clean. No candy, cake , cookies or strawberry Hagen Daas ice cream has passed my lips for four days. I have had WW bars at the end of the day as my treat. I cannot believe how hard it has been. I also cannot believe how easy it has been. I was so out of control that I was angry at the thought of giving up the things that I had been doing the last few months. But after a day or so, my body did not have a problem with it. This brings us to the emotional portion of the journal. Why did I do it?
           Earlier on Facebook a few of us were having a conversation about why we feel the need for comfort food. In a past we identify certain foods with a warm gooey feeling inside. Maybe our parents rewarded us with cookies and candy for doing a good job. Maybe after a bad day you sat down with a bowl of macaroni and cheese. Food is fuel that our bodies require to live but food is also a powerful sedative. How many times have my hubby and I eaten and then curled up in a fetal position too tired to turn off the light. I love food but I have to realize that all foods are not good for my body. But there are times when I have a bad day at work or hear some bad news and I walk right into the mega pharmacy and purchase a bag of peanut butter M&M's and let it ride. My problem is still there but for 30 minutes or so, I don't care until I get on the scale.
          The next item from the "Get Off Your Butt..." article is to FIND INSPIRATION. Of course I am inspired by my fellow meeting attendees who achieve great goals after working so hard. I love the show, The Biggest Loser where people who have not exercised in years are forced into action by hardcore yelling and screaming trainers. Tomorrow is my 4 mile event and I am a nervous wreck because I did not improve my jogging time over the summer. But I am one of those sappy people who cry when these people are able to do a 1/2 marathon or even walk a 26 mile marathon and have come so far. Tomorrow I will take my large butt through a 4 mile race ( I use the race loosely as I am only trying to beat myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment