Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's not how you win or lose

Last night I went to my weekly Weight Watchers meeting. I lost weight. 1.8lbs. That does not sound like much but to me it is everything. That measley puny little 1.8 brought me to a grand total of 25 pounds. I even received a special 25 pounds charm for my key chain. The doormat on me was happy to get to that special part but also wanted to remain in the background and not say anything about it. Well my leader outed me last night and presented me with my very first charm. Now the real nail biting begins because I want to if I can maintain and take it down one more pound. I am my own worst enemy and I have to stand up for myself. The first step towards that is THE CHALLENGE. Did you just love the drama? This week we were challenged to do a 5K ( 3.1 miles). I do that during laps around the track. So this morning I dragged my really tired self off the bus at 72nd St. , more than thirty blocks from my job. I did it. I walked the entire way. I am so proud of myself. I accomplished a goal. To the overachieving exercisers out there, that's nothing. But to this couch potato. In addition to that, I walked from 40th St. to 23rd St. If I don't watch out, I might crack the case that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment