Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The White Rabbit

         Last Tuesday, the "Success Handbook" book club met to talk about the chapter on Positive Self-Talk. I do struggle with this particular subject because there was negative energy in my life at various times. I would always reach out to others and offer encouragement and positive talk but I had none for myself. I am getting better at it. I think it's one of those muscles that has to be trained and strengthened all of the time. I have to realize that I am human. I make mistakes.  I also do so much more than I ever thought I would. I may not be at goal yet but my clothes are loose. I go to Zumba multiple times a week. I sign up for races. I'm not so bad after all. Just joking. Remember what the dormouse said. Feed your head Feed your head!

      Last week's WW meeting topic was regarding the effect weekends can have on your following the program. For quite a few people, the weekend can revolve around dates to eat. I have no such problem. I tend to eat at home. Also, on the weekends I usually eat two meals a day because I can take advantage of sleeping later if I do not need to travel. I will usually have a bigger breakfast by adding more protein or having pancakes which are higher in points. During the day if I feel hungry I have a piece of fruit and lots of water. This will hold me until dinner. I usually have less stress on the weekends, so I usually will not stress eat. My tricks for getting through the weekend are;
1) Sleep a little more
2) Have a healthy big breakfast , high on protein
3) Know what you're having for dinner; even if you're going out.
4) Leave room for treats.
5) Drinks lots of water.
6) If you're at an event, pay attention to the event. If it's a game, watch the game. If it's a party, dance , socialize take pictures. If you hiking, hike.

Bobism
I used to go to baseball games. I don't any more. I found out that it wasn't the baseball games. I was going to eat.

          There is a new Wednesday Night Happy Hour WW challenge that started last week. The challenge is to "TRACK". I have been proudly tracking everyday since our Good Health Guidelines challenge back in June. I track everything I eat including the things I wish I did not eat. But as my fabulous leader Melanie says " this should not be Wishful Tracking. Our trackers do not have to be works of  fiction".

THIS WEEK'S ACTIVITY ( my sinuses are killing me so I'm a little out of commission)
Wednesday - AM workout- 7:15AM Zumba class. PM Workout - walking 20 min.
Thursday - AM workout- run on treadmill 30 min & weights. PM workout- WW Social Walk 5K
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday- nothing
Tuesday- AM workout- 30 min weights

No comments:

Post a Comment